Somewhere in the Audience (feat. Steve Balsamo)

Comments

  1. Somewhere in the Audience
    Eric Woolfson

    There can be no words
    To describe that day
    It's as if the sun left the sky
    And carried my dreams away
    And so without a reason or a rhyme
    A rose was plucked untimely from the vine
    Nevermore I'll see her smiling face
    Or hold her in these empty arms of mine
    There can be no words
    To relieve the pain
    We have had our day in the sun
    Now only the clouds remain
    The traveling show will play another town
    But leaves behind a broken-hearted clown
    Then from somewhere in the audience
    The order comes to bring the curtain down
    If all the world's a stage
    All our lives are plays
    And sometimes we fumble our lines
    And stumble along the way
    The comedy will play and then it's gone
    For everyday's a show that must go on
    But if God is in His heaven
    Can He hear me when I pray?
    I begged of Him and pleaded
    Not to let it end this way
    But from somewhere in the audience
    He turned his back and looked the other way
    Though I begged of Him and pleaded not to take her
    Light away
    If God is in His heaven, He must hear me when I pray
    But from somewhere in the audience
    A cold wind blew
    And took my love away

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts